Winter Wonderland in Tahoe

This thanksgiving I did something a little different…In the past my family would gather at a relatives house. We would prepare the table, prepare the food, play some games, and eat dinner all under one roof. However, this year I escaped and I went on a little road trip with some friends.

Where did we go??!

We went to Lake Tahoe!

Was there snow this early you may ask?

Yes, there was snow!

Displaying IMG_9266.JPG

We traveled Thursday afternoon and arrived around 7 (it was about a four and a half hour dirve) just in time for dinner at the Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort. Was the dinner good? It was fanatastic! It was no thanksgiving dinner, it was practically a feast! They had so much food and so many options. They had turkey, ham, crab, shrimp, oysters and so much more.

That night we came back from dinner we got settled in to our gorgeous cabin. It was big, cozy, and very, very red. It had 3 large bedrooms, 4 beds, to bathrooms, a large living room, and a big kitchen and dinning area.

Displaying IMG_9255.JPG

Here’s the view from the back of our cabin.

Displaying IMG_9267.JPG


 Friday morning instead of going to the stores, I spent the day on the slopes!

We went to the Mt Rose Tahoe’s highest base resort (8260′).

Displaying IMG_9292.JPG

On our way home I made our driver pull over so we could capture this amazing view!

Check out these amazing colors and the view!

Absolutely no filters needed in these pictures.

Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

Displaying IMG_9305.JPG

Saturday was our last day in Tahoe. We spent the morning making breakfast and packing up the cars. Then made our way back up the mountain and to another ski resort, Sugar Bowl.

Our half day on the mountain started off pretty good…

Displaying IMG_9338.JPG

Then  we noticed a storm rolling in…it got darker and colder…Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

Although we were in the mist of a storm, we stayed and skied until they closed the lift.

The travel home took much longer than expected. It took us around six and half hours to get home. I’m not sure what made the traffic worst, the storm of the fact that we were traveling thanksgiving weekend, either way, I’m happy we made it back in one piece and I’m very thankful for the wonderful friends that joined me and invited me to spend the Thanksgiving holiday with them.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!