Easy – 10 minutes – Gluten Free
Here is a snack that passes as healthy and tastes good enough that it could replace your dessert!
These Energy Bites are quick and easy – and they require no cooking or baking. They’re so addictive and they really do taste like a treat. They make for a great snack and I love that they contain protein and fiber so they curb those afternoon munchies (you know around 4:00 when it’s like – is it dinner time yet?).
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats (raw)
- 2/3 cup toasted, sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup ground golden flaxseed (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 6 Tbsp chocolate chips (next time I’ll use minis)
- In a mixing bowl, stir together peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until evenly coated.
- Transfer mixture to refrigerator or freezer and chill until set
- Remove from refrigerator and shape into 1-inch balls.
- Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.