This Asparagus Sweet Potato Chicken Skillet recipe is a delicious, healthy, and easy-to-make meal that will be on your dinner table in less than 30 minutes. This is gluten-free, paleo, and perfect for your busy weeknight dinner.
The good side of this recipe is that it only has three ingredients, which are chicken, sweet potato, and asparagus because, technically, salt, pepper, and red chili flakes don’t count as ingredients, right?
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 33 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- ½ cup chicken broth or water
- ½ lb (225 g) fresh asparagus (the spears should be cut at a diagonal in 1 and 2 inch pieces)
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- On a plastic board, cut the chicken into small pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, garlic, and chicken.
- Sauté the chicken for about 7-10 minutes or until it is cooked through. Don’t forget to stir well. Set chicken aside.
- In the same skillet, add sweet potato and chicken broth.
- Cook for about 7-10minutes or until the sweet potato is cooked.
- Add asparagus and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper.