Can someone PLEASE tell me how the month of March managed to creep up on all of us so fast?! Not to mention the fact that I recently turned—wait for it—25! Let the quarter-life-crisis commence. I know you’ve all probably heard the ‘new year, new me’ speech about a thousand times, but before you roll your eyes at me for becoming another clichè: hear me out. I’ve had a particularly rough year and by vowing to transform into a new and improved me, I pledge to A) change my outlook on life and B) begin living my life to the fullest. I have learned that the tough times are inevitable, but your attitude is everything.
This year I’ve put together a bucket list of activities that I am going to physically force myself to partake in before my next birthday.
I’m keeping some items I had from last years list and adding some new ones too.
26 Things to Do Before 26
Visit a new states in the US.(I had an amazing trip to Alaska in July)
- Travel somewhere alone.
- Travel to a different continent.
- Try a new workout class. (DYING to try barre and hot yoga)
- Ride my bike to the Farmers Market.
- Run a race every month for a year. (I’ve already started this goal!)
- Surprise someone.
- Watch the sunrise (& enjoy it).
- Plan a trip with my brother.
- Take my family out to dinner.
- Take a cooking class. I love cooking, but would love to learn even more dishes to add to my repertoire.
- Read more. Let’s try at least two books a month.
- Go apple picking.
Take a trip to the Garlic Festival.(My mom and I went and had an amazing time! We ate sooo much amazing food.)
- Try more new restaurants/foods.
- Spend more time with my friends and family, after all that’s all that really matters in life – making memories that will last a lifetime.
- Save more money than I spend.
Go skiing/snowboarding.I had a great time snowboarding in Wachusett Mountain while visiting friends in Boston. See a new-to-me Broadway play.Went to see On Your Feet during my Boston Marathon Weekend.
- Do one thing that falls well outside of your comfort zone.
- Go one month without shopping.
- Go through and donate old clothes.
- Donate blood 5 times this year.
- Attend a Create & Cultivate Conference.
- To be really happy with my body and be at my physical peek.
- To make 26, my year! I’ve got a feeling it’s going to be a good one!
What will you put on your list? It’s never too late to start thinking of what you can do with the next year.