Boston Marathon Race Weekend Part 1

I’m not sure where to start. A thank you feels most appropriate…

Thank you MGH! Thank you for the opportunity of a lifetime. I really found my inner warrior through this entire experience: fundraising, training, running the Boston Marathon in THAT monsoon like weather on Monday, and crossing the finish line. I am forever changed, for the better, and in ways I cannot even fully grasp yet. There’s no doubt that MGH , provided me with the best marathon experience!

Also, Thank you to everyone who tracked, texted, commented, called to support me on what was, without a doubt, one of the most important days of my running life until now. My mind is always blown by how many people believe in me.

Day 1 – Thursday

I left Thursday morning from San Francisco and landed in Boston just before 6:30 pm. Molly picked me up from the airport and made a delicious dinner, roasted chicken and veggies with her homemade sauces. Yummmm!

Day 2 – Friday

I think this was the first time that it really hit me that I was finally getting my chance to run Boston.




There’s something about finally getting to pick up my bib # that made it feel real.



At the expo we were handed posters with all the runners names on it.


After the expo, Jamie and I walk to By Chloe for lunch. She had the Quinoa Taco and I had the Spicy Thai and we shared the Kale Artichoke Dip. The Kale Artichoke dip was soooo good.



After lunch we met Molly at the Boston Public Market.

Molly is an incredible cook, so whenever I visit I like to buy the groceries and have her cook our meals! By the way, Molly’s been on the Food Network and has occasional cooking classes at the Boston Public Market, she’s also got a great Instagram page.


Next we went to Faneuil Hall.  Jamie and I also were looking for some Red Sox gear. We bought tickets for the Friday night Red Sox’s game against the Baltimore Orioles. This was Jamie’s first ever MLB game and my first Red Sox game.





Fenway was incredible, it’s not like any ballpark I’ve been to. And we got great seats for only $25!

Day 3 – Saturday

On Saturday morning we ran the BAA 5K!



This was probably the easiest 5K I’ve ever completed. The course was really smooth (no hills!) and so much fun! There were many people out cheering and we got to see some of the elite runners run towards the finish line.

We also got to run over the Boston Marathon Finish line!




After the race we Jamie and I got our medals, shirts, and we met Jessica, another sorority sister who went to brunch with us.



We hadn’t seen each other in a while, last time I saw her was during my last trip to Boston in 2016. We had a great time catching up during brunch at the Brownstone.

After brunch, Jamie and I walked down Newbury St. to the Tracksmith Trackhouse. Another runner I met during an Uber ride mentioned they were giving out some free merchandise to those who were running the Boston Marathon, so we went to pick up my free gear.

IMG_3982 2.jpg

…and on our way to the Tracksmith we came across this mural!



Billie, another sorority sister, joined us Saturday night. She drove from NY to spend some time with us and stayed for the marathon.


Day 4 – Sunday:

This was a pretty mellow day. We didn’t plan much because I wanted to stay off my feet, so we slept in, had brunch at the house, and had a lot of chocolate at the Taza Chocolate Factory.

We took a tour of the factory, learned how the company started, how they grind their chocolate, and tried many samples.


After the tour I went to my team’s Pasta Dinner at the Seaport Hotel and Seaport World Trade Center. I had some pasta, dropped off my post marathon bag, and met some of my MGH teammates. We also heard some inspiring stories from MGH patients and runners. I then went home and laid out my gear for the morning, and was in bed around 9.

Friends, we’re just getting started!  I hope you had fun on my first four days in Boston!

Happy Monday


One thought on “Boston Marathon Race Weekend Part 1