- Alaskan Fish House – If you are in Ketchikan Alaskan Fish House should definitely be on your list of spots. Seafood is as fresh as it comes. When the server who brought our food we ordered asked how everything was… I said fantastic.
- Sweet Mermaids – we had the best breakfast here (we actually had breakfast twice)! Their Lox Bagel was fantastic! If you can, try to get there before 8:30 am to avoid all the tourists getting off the cruise ships.
- Pioneer Cafe – This is a cute locals dinner, 50 and 60’s style. We ate here with all the locals.
- Fat Stan’s – They’ve got great pizza, we loved the homemade crust, and a great selection of Alaskan beer.
- Dwyer’s Crab and Company Restaurant – If you’re a fan of Deadliest Cath you might know about the Dwyer family. Sean Dwyer and the Brenna A are featured on the show. They own the Dwyer’s Crab and Company Restaurant. The Dwyer family donated their share of the profits of the restaurant to the ALS Therapy Developement Institute in honor of Sean’s father Pat.
- New York Cafe – This was probably one of the fanciest places to eat in the island. Food was excellent (another restaurant we went to twice).
- Dockside Galley – This one is in Saxman, right next to the totem poles. It was recommended to us by one of our taxi drivers. We asked for his favorite burger place and he did not disappoint us. My burger was delicious.
- Moose’s Tooth. This tiny pizzeria in Alaska’s largest city of Anchorage is the best in the entire nation, and the food is to die for. If you want pizza, salad, bread sticks or beer – this is the place you need to be. The loud and lively atmosphere will put you in an instant good mood and the food will never disappoint. Best pizza in the city. Period.
- 5 Chair Restaurant – we stopped at this little spot before our hike up Winner Creek. They are on of the only restaurants open in the pre-ski season. They’ve got a huge selection of beer and I hear they’re deep dish pizza is delicious. I’ll have to try it next time I’m there.
- Seven Glaciers – this restaurant is at the top of a mountain. It had one of the best view/best food combinations that we’ve had during all of our travels.
- Red’s. They’ve got great burgers, shakes, and fries (the best ones!). Also, their food is served out of a an old school bus. How cool is that?!
- Denali Dog House. It’s quick, delicious, and the employees are so kind. If you’re looking for a quick but good bite to eat we highly recommend it.
- Prospectors. We ate here after doing the all-day bus tour of Denali. We got there around 8:30 PM and had a short 10 minute wait. The service was good and the pizza was great. I had some unusual toppings (reindeer sausage, bison meatballs), but it was the best I’d ever had. Good variety of local beers and a fun, rustic setting. Definitely worth a visit if you are in Denali.