My mom and I ran the Hot Chocolate race again this year and had a great time. We opted for the 5K this year instead of the 15K. I took it easy and ran/walked the entire race with my mom. I’m not going to share too much about the race since it really hasn’t changed, but you can read last years post here. Instead, I though I should share with you 10 reasons why you SHOULD run the race:
1. Chocolate! You get the BEST finish line chocolate fondue with hot chocolate too! (if that’s not enough of a reason, keep reading)
2. The distance is 100% doable. If the 15k sounds daunting, there’s a 5k option as well.
3. There’s lot’s of cool swag! The Hot Chocolate team always brings their A-game: hats, a jacket, a mug, all for free.
4. Let’s not forget the medal! All the 15K runners get receive a medal that looks like a candy bar!
5. The course is also really fun to do with family (small kids included) and friends.
7. The race gear shop has some cool stuff…Who doesn’t want a hat or shirt that says “will run for chocolate”?
8. The race is very well organized, from pack pick-up, to the volunteers on course, to the finish line party.
9. Like free stuff? Hot Chocolate Race provides all runners with free race photos, video and runner tracking!
10. Did I mention you get LOT’s of chocolate at the finish line?!?