I promise TV isn’t the only thing I’ve been doing since I stopped blogging, but here are some great one’s that I did watch:
- Special – If you enjoyed watching Atypical, you’ll love Special. Special is about Ryan, a disabled man who has cerebral palsy and also happens to be gay, his first major steps away from his mother and toward a career.
- Someone Great – Netflix finally got it right with this one. This is a perfectly fun breakup comedy. It’s a very energetic adventure, set over the course of one crazy night in New York, about the end of a major relationship—as well as the hope, and misery, that follows.
- Knock Down the House
- Brene Brown: The Call to Courage – If you haven’t read any of her books I do recommend you add her books to your reading list. I read her book Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead last year and thought it was great book.
- Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile – I have mix feelings about this film. I had really high expectations since I had great reviews when it premiered at Sundance Film Festival, but I truly didn’t think it was all that. I though Zac Efron did a great job but I wasn’t impressed with Liz’s story. I didn’t think they did a great job of unfolding her story in the film, but that’s just my opinion. Many of my friends loved it. If you haven’t watched the documentary series on Netflix, I do recommend you watch it if you’re into it. Fun fact the movie director also directed the documentary.
- Shrill – I loved this show and everything behind it! In the series Annie, played by the Aidy Bryant, has been dealing with people who say condescending things about her size for her entire life. But throughout the series she realizes just how wrong Personal Trainer Woman is. There isn’t a small person inside of Annie dying to get out. There’s a bold, outspoken, and amazing one inside of her, and she’s already starting to emerge. This show is based on the book of the same name by Lindy West – I haven’t read it yet but it’s on my list!
Other series I’m still watching:
- American Housewife – I love this show and how relatable it is to family life.
- The Big Bang Theory – Why must all great shows come to end. I’ve been watching this series on and off but have recently gotten back into it.
- This is Us – I’m excited to see what happens in the next few seasons. I love the actors, story lines, and the writing its great! I will admit…I like all story lines but Kevin’s…
- The Bachelorette – I’m not sure I love who they choose as the bachelorette but let’s be real. I love watching this show for all the drama and the hot men.
- Jane the Virgin – I loved the first season and then when Micheal died I could not watch anymore…why do they always kill off my favorite characters! Anyways, I started watching again because I had to watch the last season. Who will Jane choose!
- Big Little Lies – I loved the books, Season 1 was fantastic, and how can you not watch a series with an amazing cast! Oh and hello Meryl Streep. I can’t wait for season 2!
- Game of Thrones – I can’t believe the series just ended. I’ll be honest, I wasn’t very impressed with the writing in Season 8. I felt like many of the episodes were rushed and a bit predictable. Overall I loved watching Game of Thrones with friends and will definitely miss my Sunday night viewing parties.