I woke up yesterday morning feeling like I needed to rest. Not physically… goodness knows we’ve all had more downtime than usual. But emotionally. I just needed a day to think of normal, lighthearted, fun and happy things.
So, I ventured out for the first time since last week to pick up my favorite donuts from a local food truck here in Gainesville (where I and the one other patron there kept a safe 6 feet distance between us), came home to make a cup of coffee, and am now sitting down to hunt for lots of happy things to share with you today before signing off for a weekend of social distancing with my lil’ fam right here in this house.
I recognize that not everyone needs lighthearted right now. There’s a lot of seriousness and heavy things happening all around, and I don’t want to downplay that by any means. But if you find yourself in the same boat that I do this Friday, I hope you enjoy this little roundup… something I’m calling “The Happy List.”
- This Instagram account, @GoodNews_Movement, will lift your spirits in the midst of everything going on.
- The new adaption of Emma, currently in theaters, has been released early! Rent it today on Amazon, Apple, and many other platforms.
- Texas restaurants are now permitted to offer alcoholic beverages to-go in an effort to boost the restaurant economy. What I wouldn’t give for a Mambo Taxi to-go, ya feel?
- New hobby alert! I ordered my first needlepoint canvas and I can’t wait to try my hand at something new.
- Scribd is offering free access to their huge selection of books, audiobooks, magazines and more for thirty days, no credit card required!
- One of my favorite Southern Living editors, Betsy Cribb, posted the funniest “Corona Style” series on her Instagram Stories. Hilarious!
- I’m looking forward to making these cookies my grandmother used to make, alfajores.
- Did you know you can Facetime more than one friend at once? While Facetiming a friend, swipe up from the bottom of your screen and tap “add person.”
- I was hoping to make bread during this quarantine but everything is getting harder and harder. I’ve found a yeast alternative (creating my own wild yeast started) but not having flower isn’t going to help.
If you have a happy you’d like to add to this list, leave a note in the comments below! I think we could all use a little extra dose of it today.