Inspired by Mackenzie Horan, I have compiled a list of 101 things I want to accomplish in 1,001 days to help me live a more fulfilled life.
I used to do my yearly birthday lists but I missed publishing my 28 to 28 list this year, but I like the idea of creating a longer list with a longer timeline so I’m jumping on this idea. Let’s do this thing!
Start date: April 27, 2020
End date: January 23, 2023
3 down, 98 to go.
- Read at least 10 new to me books.
- Read 5 classics.
- Read 5 biographies.
- Vote in the 2020 elections
- Learn a new language. (I’m learning Greek!).
- Learn how to change a tire.
- Learn to take family photos and portraits. ( I started a photography business(!) and have taken some online classes to help me relearn and learn new skills).
- Organize my Pinterest Boards
- Create and stick with a budget
- Start an Emergency Fund
- Organize Digital Photos and Files
- Earn my Masters degree. (I start August 2020, all virtual but we’re getting there!).
- Get to know/meet other bloggers
- Attend a conference of any kind
- Do a collaboration blog post
- Build a professional wardrobe
- Create a Digital Arts Portfolio
Paint a room. (Adios pink, hello white).
- Compile my childhood photos & memories into one album
- Create a small gallery wall
- Frame photographs for the house
- Organize and redesign the back patio
Family & Friends
- Write “just because” letters to friends
- Mail care packages to brother and cousins (in college)
- Run another full marathon
- Run another trail run
- Run Tough Mudder
- Take part in a triathlon
- Try a Hot Yoga Class
- Run a fun half marathon and dress up
- Exercise four times a week for at least a month
- Workout before work for at least 2 weeks
- Take vitamins everyday for at least one month
- Eat gluten free and dairy free for at least two weeks.
- Learn to cook 3 of my grandmothers meals or baked goods
Bake Bread(How I baked sourdough bread)
- Make ten recipes off of Pinterest
- Turn my grandmother’s recipes into a book
- Buy a cookbook and try cooking all recipes
- Give Up alcohol for at least a month
- Make some homemade pasta
- Bake a Rainbow Cake
- Learn to make a signature cocktail
- Put together a charcuterie board
- Make ice cream from scratch
Grow my own sourdough starter(How I made my sourdough starter)
Bake someone a birthday cake( I baked my cousin a Red Velvet cake)
- Book a flight using airline miles
- Get Global Entry or TSA pre-ckeck
- Travel to all 50 states
- Set foot on a new continent
- See the Magnificent “Trees” in Joshua Tree National Park
- Stare at the Stars on Salty Flats in Badwater Basin, Death Valley
- Travel to a new county
- Travel to a new state
- Travel back to Honduras and visit family
- Travel to an Ice Castle
- Vacation with college best friends
- Plan a vacation with High School Friends
- Go on another backpacking trip
- Let Go of a Floating Lantern in Thailand
- Float in the Dead Sea
- Soak in the Blue Lagoon Hot Springs in Iceland
- Go on a African Safari
Just for Fun
- Watch all the Oscar Nominees in one category
- Take the dogs on a road trip
- Join a book club
- Pick a DYI project for every month
- Watch 50 documentaries (McMillion$ – Perfect – Skid Row Marathon – Athlete A – Night on Earth – Night on Earth: Shot in the dark – Mucho, Mucho, Mucho Amor: The Legend of Walter Mercado (Mucho mucho amor) – The Boys: The Sherman Brothers’ Story – Into the Unknown: Making Disney Frozen II – Lenox Hill – Indian Matchmaking – Love on the Spectrum)
Try the Curly Girl Method.(I tried it for two weeks and it’s not for me).
- Learn or take a Calligraphy Class
- Watch 10 classic movies I’ve never seen
- Attend an Oscar’s viewing party
- Volunteer with the family
- Go skiing/snowboarding
- Go to a drive in movie
- Improve Posture
- Create Halloween Costumes for the dogs
- Create or purchase a piece of art with dogs silhouette
- Take the dogs to the snow
Make homemade dog treats(I tried this recipe but my dogs were not a fan).
- Do a “No Spend Month”
- Ride on a sailboat
- Go antiquing
- See the Olympics live
- Go Dogsledding
- Go Lavender Picking
- Throw a pot
- Reach out to a high school teacher
- Learn darkroom photography
- Take a Photo Every Day For a Year
- Go Deep-Sea Fishing
- Get personalized stationary
- Learn how to fishtail braid
Re watch all the Harry Potter movies.(I did this all in one weekend!).
- Host Christmas
- Have a mud bath
- Ride in a hot air balloon
- Surprise someone
- Create 101 things list
- Put $10 into savings for every goal accomplished